TNB Electricity bills up to 50% Off under the Prihatin Rakyat Economic Stimulus Package
At a time when we are still struggling to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, TNB supports the government's efforts in helping the people adapt to the current situation and restore the country's economy.
Over 7 million domestic/residential customers of TNB will continue to enjoy a discount on monthly electricity bills up to 50 per cent under the Prihatin Rakyat Economic Stimulus Package that has been extended until 31 December 2020.
Discount rates given to domestic/residential customers will be determined based on their monthly electricity consumption according to the schedule below:
|TOTAL MONTHLY ELECTRICITY CONSUMPTION DISCOUNT RATES||DISCOUNT RATES|
|Between 1-200kWJ OR up to RM43.60
Between 201-300kWJ OR RM43.70 up to RM77.00
Between 301-600kWj OR RM77.10 up to RM231.80
Between 601-900kWj OR RM232.35 up to RM395.60
Above 900kWj OR above RM396.17
Beyond that, TNB will continue implementing several measures to ease the burdens on domestic/residential customers in light of these trying times:
- Easy Payment Plan (option to pay bills in instalments without additional surcharge)
- Waiver of late payment surcharges (effective from 18 March 2020 till 31 December 2020)
- No disconnection of electricity supply
During this period, disconnection of electricity supply will only be done in the following scenarios:
- Request by registered customers
- Instructions from relevant authorities
- Cases where meter tampering is observed
Please refer to the FAQs (in Bahasa Malaysia) “DISKAUN BIL ELEKTRIK DI BAWAH PAKEJ RANGSANGAN EKONOMI BERIKUTAN PENULARAN WABAK COVID-19’ for more details.
All further questions are welcomed at:
- TNB CareLine 1-300-88-5454 or email email@example.com;
- Visit the nearest Kedai Tenaga