What is PTV?
- RM 50 Perlindungan Tenang Voucher Programme (PTV) is an initiative by the Government of Malaysia to extend social protection to the low-income group
- Through this program, RM50 vouchers are given to eligible Bantuan Prihatin Rakyat (BPR) 2021 recipients to help them purchase Perlindungan Tenang products from licensed insurance companies and takaful operators
- This initiative is available to BPR recipients in the household category commencing 30 September 2021, and to recipients in the single and senior citizen categories commencing 15 November 2021.
- All eligible BPR recipients should redeem their vouchers by 31 December 2021.
List of Perlindungan Tenang Product
How can I redeem PTV vouchers when purchasing Perlindungan Tenang products?
- Method 1 – Redemption of vouchers for online product purchases:
- Visit the MyCoverage website .
- Scroll down to view the “Perlindungan Tenang Products” section. Click the Perlindungan Tenang company/product logo icon to get basic information about the product. Please review the criteria of each product such as age limit and amount of premium/contribution before deciding which product best suits your needs .;
- Click the “LEARN MORE” button and you will be taken to the website of the insurance company or takaful operator that offers the Perlindungan Tenang product
- You will be helped to go through an easy process to join/purchase the product. You need to fill in the required information such as name, Identity Card (NRIC) number, age, gender and others to complete the purchase process. You may also need to enter your unique Perlindungan Tenang Voucher number to claim the voucher when purchasing the product. You are advised to read the terms and conditions of the product before making a purchase
- Method 2 – Over the counter redemption:
- You can also redeem vouchers and participate/purchase Perlindungan Tenang products directly from the branch office counter or the authorised agent/distributor of the insurance company/takaful operator
- Research and understand the basic information and benefits of the product, including reviewing product criteria such as age limit and premium/ contribution amount before deciding which product best suits your needs. You will be assisted if you have any questions about the Perlindungan Tenang product
- If you wish to proceed with the purchase, you will be asked to fill in the information required to complete the purchase process
- This process may vary according to the respective insurance company and takaful operator. You are advised to contact the customer service representative of the insurance company and the respective takaful operator for more information.
- To check eligibility, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the PTV Portal
- Enter your Identity Card Number (NRIC) information and tick (/) in “YES, I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE PRIVACY NOTICE” and “I am not a robot”;
- Click the “Search” button. If you are eligible for the program, you will receive a voucher number in the next message.
- Alternatively, you can also visit any branch or agent/distributor of a legitimate insurance company/takaful operator that offers Perlindungan Tenang products to check your eligibility.